Sunday, July 12, 2015

Blog Assignment #5 Final Part

Summary of My PLN (Personal Learning Network)

Personal Leanring Network Words
When beginning this class, I had never heard of a PLN or in general anything else we studied over the summer semester. I was a little apprehensive to use most of the tools and honestly felt that some of it was a waste of time. As we near the end of the semester, I am excited that I have developed a new perspective and begun to use these tools and am working on continuing to grow my PLN.

Although I can honestly say twitter isn't my favorite, as I have had a bad experience in the past with social media, I definitely now see how it is relevant to learning and can be used in an effective way. I am hoping to continue the use several of the social media tools like TwitterSkypeand Symbaloo to chat and conference with the people I meet as I continue my journey to becoming a teacher and to bookmark all the important things I find interesting to aid in my teaching.  I am the type of person that likes to have face-to-face interaction with people, so I look forward to working more with teachers like Anthony Capps, Mrs. Bennett and others throughout Baldwin County, as well as educators from South Alabama. While there are many blog writers we have followed over the course of the semester, I particularly would like to continue following and learning from teachers like Mrs. Cassidy and Mr. Shareski, whom are educators and writers of blogs. As Dr. Strange would say, "we are just scratching the surface." Well, I am just scratching the surface of my PLN, and hope that as time passes I will have built a large amount of resources that provide me with more helpful and effective teaching ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment